The reviews are out, and bit by bit spoilers are coming out too. Well be updating this page as more spoilers are revealed in the run up to the film’s launch!
- Ryan Gosling’s Officer K is a replicant of limited life span
- Dave Bautista’s character Sapper is a Nexus 8 replicant
- K’s girlfriend Joi (Ana de Armas) is a virtual reality character only, though she joins K outside his apartment once he buys a projector
- Wallace’s assistant Luv (Sylvia Hoeks) is also a replicant, who can cry while appearing to show no emotion
- Gaff appears still alive in 2049, and does some origami
- Harrison Ford’s Rick Deckard is alive and living in the ruins of Las Vegas
- A young clone of Rachel makes a brief appearance
- Officer K is… a male clone of Deckard and Rachel’s daughter, with her memories as implants
- Rachel died giving birth to a daughter, who was immediately hurried off to an orphanage…
- … and grew up to become one of the preeminent replicant scientists
- Deckard and Rachel’s original encounter was contrived to make them fall in love
- While Wallace doesn’t reveal to Deckard that he was a replicant, it’s strongly implied that Deckard and Rachel had been engineered to be able to reproduce together and therefore their relationship was inevitable once their introduction to each other was contrived
More to come… check back daily!